Wednesday 16 November 2022

Tuesday 15th November 2022

Five weeks until the shortest day.

And, as it turned out, the final mild autumn day, as oon Wednesday the weather will take a turn for the chillier.

I got to bed at ten past eleven the night before, and slept in until half six when my phone woke me up. Sadly, I had rearranged a twice delayed audit, and that was due to begin at half seven, so I needed to get two coffees in and wake my brain up in an hour.

Jools had made my first cup, and once I sunk that, I made a second.

Somehow I had done 10,000 steps the day before and my legs suggested we should do less, much less, today.

I would be auditing for six hours plus, so little walking, just to the kettle.

Half my job is an auditor, the other half is a coach, coaching people to be better, comply with requirements. I actually got a heartfelt thank you from the auditee at the end, to which I replied that such feedback gave me satisfaction in my job.

Which was nice.

It rained pretty much all day.

Cats stared out of the windows, or slept. Until it was time for dinner, or close to it.

I fed them.

The box of Belgian Christmas beers arrived, so will do the 12 days of Christmas again.

Three hundred and nineteen Dinner was easy, warmed up tagine and the remainder of a bottle of red President's XV. Went down proper well.

And that was your day. An evening spent listening to music, and an early night.

No comments: