Monday 7 November 2022

Sunday 6th November 2022

And on the seventh day, the Lord may have rested. But the weather did not.

THe forecast had been for rain, and wind. Sometimes together.

And Mother Nature did not disappoint.

Poppy came in at first light, drenched. She did not go out again all day.

Jools is still infections, but I got an all clear from my latest test, but there was nowhere to go, nothing we wanted.

Three hundred and ten After breakfast we cleard the wardrobe in the spare bedroom, all the brand new PPE from my old employer, that my new emplyer will not let me wear as it "has the wrong branding", three bags of clothes, coats and waterproofs going to charity.

Seems a waste.

We stop for brews, cakes and then an early lunch. With wine.

Lunch was fritters, and in them I put the leftover chestnuts and remainder of the smoked bacon lardons.

Readers, I can tell you, they were magnificent.

There was footabll all afternoon into the evening.

I did not move, and after half a bottle of wine, I struggled to stay awake.

Outside it rained all day and into the evening, when the weak light failed and darkness smothered the village.

Heck, we go to bed at eight, pooped.

No comments: