Thursday 3 November 2022

Wednesday 2nd November 2022

I remember when Jen though she caught COVID back in spring 2020, and it seemed that it might mean she might not make it, and her Mum would have to go in hospital, meaning she wouldn't make it either. In the end, she had just flu, but it was very stressful for a couple of days, espeically the day she fell ill.

Fast forward two and a half years, andalthough COVID is still a pandemic, thanks to multiple vaccines and boosters, although it wouldn't be nice, it wasn't the end of the world.

And this was day 3 of the infection, and by the end of the day I would feel slightly better, it started off with me with a throat so sore I could barely speak.

Jools called to ask if I was OK, and I could only answer with a croak.

Jools went swimming, leaving me at home with a coffee. I wrote an e mail on my phone, cancelling the audit I was due to conduct, then took to the sofa to lay down. Scully demanding I sat up so she could sit on my lap.

Three hundred and six My throat eased with the coffee and juice I drank.

The morning crawled.

I realised, of course, that without work, going out of doing stuff online, there is little to do, and I was becoming bored, but when I did try to listen to a podcast or something, I soon lost interest.

So it goes, so it goes.

I did try to go back to bed in the afternoon to get some snoozing in, but my body decided I should suffer cramp in both calves.

Nice.

We had leftover chips for dinner, with chicken Kyiv and corn.

And although I didn't feel like much, Norwich were on the telly box, playing QPR, a top of the table clash, and a vastly improved performance from City, both sides hot the post, but the game ended in an entertaining 0-0 draw.

No comments: