Sunday 6 November 2022

Saturday 5th November 2022

Bonfire Night. Where we celebrate that Parliament WASN'T blown up.

Hmmm.

Anyway, Jools was positive for COVID, as was I, but I was on the 5th day, so should be OK to go out and go shopping, I'd wear a mask any way, but I did feel fine. And in fact, so did Jools, she doesn't seem as ill with COVID as I was, so much so she doubs she has it, but the test says otherwise.

I go to Tesco on my own, fill the car up with fuel, then drive round to the store, and go round getting the stuff we needed, and again, with nothing that much out of the ordinry, was still £100. At least this time the shelves are finally full of washing up liquid, and most other stock seemed fine, or at least the stuff we wanted.

Three hundred and nine I pay and leave, getting back home for half seven.

And then we had the whole of the day to ourselves.

Rain fell on and off, Jools didn't feel like going for a walk, but I had to go to the post office.

For the second year I am taking part in a Secret Santa, and have got my shit together early this year, so posted the package off.

It is months since I walked into the village centre to be honest, and the down is always a climb that makes you huff and puff, or me anyway. I was going to be a quarter of rhubarb and custards, but the shelves were faily empty of boiled sweets, so none this time.

We shall remember Back out of the post office and down the hill, and up the other side back home.

As I got back, rain began to fall, so sitting out on the patio was abandoned.

Which meant the rest of the day was given over to mostly football.

As usual.

Norwich played away at Rotherham, and ran out 2-1 winners. Again not the best, but up to 4th.

Darkness came early, with heavy rain and storms forecast for Sunday, we'd not be going far there either.

We feated on party food for supper, and a glass of tripel to wash it down with.

Funk and soul played until nine, when we went to bed.

No comments: