Wednesday 30 November 2022

Tuesday 29th November 2022

The day the football got real. Possibly.

Today, the final round of group games were due to kick off, with England playing Wales at seven in the evening. But with just two groups a day playing, the days of four games between ten in the morning and nine in the evening are, probably for the best, over.

It means more concentrating on work.

Potentially.

Jools' cough comes and goes. Some days its almost gone, the next day a bout would start up without warning. This was one of the latter days.

But she went to work, fresh with the news that Sean had tested positive for COVID.

I had my second coffee and got the office out.

I had instructions on what to do, and I had the template to use. All I had to do was input the data I already had into the template and save each one. Oh, that and the enthusuasm. Saying that, I had been handbagging that for a few days, so I did get my mojo together and through the morning got it done, then saved the data in the correct shared files, and send copies to those I needed to.

Phew.

It was clear when we got up up, but soon mist and then fog rose as dawn approached, so I took a single shot out of the back door early, fully expectig to take another shot or ten later in the day. But as it happens, waiting in for a delivery of chestnuts and Belgian fritsaus meant that by the time Mr Yodel to come by. He did just before three, and with kick off in the first game approaching and it already getting dark, I did not go for a walk, so took no other shots.

Three hundred and thirty three Dinner was simply jacket potatoes, mine baked for three hours for extra crispness.

Yummy.

And so for the evening, I went back round Bev and Steve's for the evening to watch Wales v England. I took a box of beer and some curry coated peanuts round too.

It was a cagey forst half, and both teams would have been happy to go in level. However, withing six minutes into the second half, England were two up. We leapt up and cheered, and thei dog, Indy, barked like mad too

England scored one more, to run out 3-0 winner and come top in the group, while Wales went home with just a single point won.

Tidy.

No comments: