Sunday, 20 September 2026

Friday 18th September 2026

Friday was two days ago, and with friends coming round last night (Saturday) and wine being partaken, my memories might be a little blurry.

That being said, it was a fine sunny Autumnal day, though breezy not as warm as it looked.

Jill was due to leave soon after breakfast, so Jools took a break from Yoga meaning no early start. In fact I laid in bed until half six, and felt much better for it.

Up for coffee.

Jill came down, already packed, and after two brews packed the car and set off back to Pompy.

Scully observes Most of the morning I sat outside on the patio with Scully, who, as ever, was rather pleased with this turn of events.

Cone flower Jools was away for a couple of hours to the knit and natter group at the library.

I walked round the garden, to find plants recovering from the drought: the ferns had put forth fresh fronds, the Everlasting pea was growing strongly, flowers in the beds in flower, and after the shrub near the hedge trimmed, we found several Cyclamen had sprung forth and were in flower.

The return of the ferns I got a text telling me a book I had ordered on Wednesday had arrived, so when Jools got back I went into Sandwich, back along the Whitfield and Eastry bypass.

Everlasting pea Once I had parked behind the Guildhall, but as soon as I climbed out of the car, I was hit my a sudden and intense ocular migraine.

Two hundred and sixty two But all in all it took fifteen minutes to go to the bookshop, then find a place to buy snacks for lunch. Two "artisan" Scotch eggs and a couple of twisty cup cakes filled with blackcurrent mouse came to eighteen of your pounds!

In those fifteen minutes, the migraine had faded away, so I was able to get in the car and drive home without incident.

Cyclamen Once we had eaten, back outside to read some of the book, with Scully back beside me, purring.

I failed in the music quiz until when I did get it, I was outside the top ten, so nul points for me.

Football in the evening, of course, though the international break is coming up, meaning at least half the evenings for three weeks being football deserts!

No comments: