Friday, 18 September 2026

Tuesday 15th September 2026

Tuesday.

And we are up before dawn, with just a hint of light on the horizon to the south east.

By the time I left for the gym, it was almost light, though clearly days are getting shorter, though mornings are cooler and damper.

Which isn't a bad thing.

I go to the gym, and find the usual faces there. Although we don't speak, sometimes we nod to each when we make eye contact.

Two hundred and fifty eight I do my session, not the full forty, but nearly thirty five, then back home so Jools could go out and do her class.

At least it is cool enough to sit outside and cool down, and at the same time, Scully is more than happy to sit beside me and accept any pats and strokes I can give her.

The garden is now full of birds, and a third brood of Wall Brown butterflies, with two males having taken up residence, and occasionally duelled above the flower beds.

With the summer now over, days blend into one, and when I come to write about what happened twenty four hours ago, becomes hard. Suffice to say, whatever we did, took most of the day, and we didn't work that hard at it.

Lunch was warmed up chilli and rice, we ate with tortilla chips supping cold beer and cider.

So we lazed through the afternoon until it was time to feed the cats at five.

For the evening there was football, Ipswich playing Arsenal.

As a Norwich supporter, it is my delight to say Arsenal won 4-2, so all was right with the world for once.

No comments: