Wednesday, 9 September 2026

Monday 7th September 2026

With the visit to the fort on Sunday, we both skipped the gym, but I rashly said I would go both Monday and Tuesday to make up.

Thus came ten past five on Monday morning. It was still dark, and only the hint of dawn to the south east.

Two hundred and fifty We both do the stuff needed, and have the first drink of the day, so that we were out of the house at ten to six, and at the sports centre just before six.

This was another of the sessions when I dropped the level to 12, so that I could do fifty minutes, and not be out of breath at all, though the humid morning meant we were soon hot and sweaty regardless.

An early morning autumnal walk in Deal But it was an enjoyable session, so that we were done at just before seven.

An early morning autumnal walk in Deal I then had a podiatrist appointment at half eight, so rather than go home, we went straight to Deal for an hour's walk round in the clear morning light.

An early morning autumnal walk in Deal The sun had risen opposite the coast, so that as we walked from the larked car to the promenade, it was right in front of us.

An early morning autumnal walk in Deal It was glorious, racking up more and more steps, but in a warm morning, it was just marvelous.

I wandered past the fishing boats, then to the pier, and as I went through the entrance, the sun was in my eyes, so I took what I thought was a good shot.

An early morning autumnal walk in Deal I sat to listen to the end of the podcast, below me, people were swimming in the shallows by the stony beach. Barely a breath of wind stiffed the flags at the end of the pier.

An early morning autumnal walk in Deal Just like summer.

Time to walk to the surgery, so I head to the High Street, then along back towards the castle, before turning down through the houses.

An early morning autumnal walk in Deal 12,000 steps already done, and feeling pretty good.

After a ten minute wait, I was shown in, and my feet inspected and buffed. The ulcers on my legs are gone, and the redness is fading day by day. It really is a miracle. Or not, as its all down to the hours spent in the gym, and the walking through the spring and summer.

An early morning autumnal walk in Deal Jools was waiting outside, and we decided to go out for breakfast. But, with schools going back, most places now close on Mondays, and when we did find a place just open, neither of us fancied a fry up, so made do with cheese toasties and a cold drink.

An early morning autumnal walk in Deal We sat and relaxed as the drinks were brought and the food was cooked.

Once we had eaten, we go to buy a couple of things at a chemists, then back to the car and drove home.

An early morning autumnal walk in Deal So much done, and it wasn't yet ten. So, I had a shower and changed, then it was make a fresh brew and sit on the patio with Scully.

An early morning autumnal walk in Deal Of course, no cycling as it was a rest day, and with European football starting, no Monday Night Premier League games either.

An early morning autumnal walk in Deal Jools knits in the shelter at the bottom of the garden, in the shade from the warmest part of the day, whilst I write, edit shots and the such.

An early morning autumnal walk in Deal I do watch the highlights of Sunday's stage of the tour from Spain, Wout is a machine, and my favourite rider, and has been for a few years now. So strong and combative.

The evening came early, with darkness falling soon after, and after a glass or two of sloe gin, I headed up to bed, half an hour behind Jools.

No comments: