Doubly so with there being no football on TV, well, except for Thursday when Wales were to play Portugal, and that was live on BBC.
We were up again for six. I went down to feed the cats, only its Jools that normally feeds them, so I am alone.
I make coffee.
I had made coffee and was about to take the first sip, and that's when the cats decided I could feed them now.
NOW.
I feed them, we potter around until it was time to leave, ten to six or something.
We both get on the bike, do 50 minutes, though with no huffing and puffing, it was still humid in the gym.
And then, what?
Back home.
For a brew.
Breakfast.
Another brew.
Then a shower and a change of clothes.
I texted Jen to see when she was in so we could visit. She was off to a funeral in the afternoon, so we left then.
Jen had been given some green tomatoes. She didn't know what to do with them, so I looked online and saw that you could make salsa verde. And we had all the ingredients.
So I made the salsa, added an extra chilli as I thought it might need an extra kick. The allow it to ferment for four hours until dinner time.I read some more, Jools fusses around her composter, and in that way the afternoon slips by.
Nachos are toasted, laden with grated cheese, then plated up. Salsa and sour cream added, and then ate.
Messily.
Yum.
Indeed.
And, the salsa was about perfect, I had added some honey, which the recipe said, but I added more, and it had bite, but not too much.
I had a one of the three remaining beers from our trip to France to wash it all down with.And then to football.
Wales played OK, but were undone by a deflected shot. And Ronaldo walked around, had chances, but his lack of pace meant they went begging.
No comments:
Post a Comment