About a decade ago, we bought two wisteria plants, and put them in tubs with the intention of them climbing up and along the front of the shelter on the lower patio.
Planting them in tubs was the mistake, as there was never enough nutrients in the ground, so both plants would flower poorly and shed their leaves soon after flowring.
One died, and the other one was very sorry looking. So, I pulled it out of the tub, leaving half the roots behind. That plant is doing OK, the main part had died, but a side branch flowered well this year and still have leaves.
In the tub, a small plant emerged from the roots, it was removed last year, the leaves came off and it looked like a twig.But it refused to die, put forth more leaves and grew strongly, and once its leaves drop, it will also be planted in a bed.
Wednesday started off with heavy rain, meaning that when Jools went out, I did nothing other than the usual messing around online, having breakfast and regular infusions of tea.
The rain stopped, the skies cleared and the sun came out. I went to sit with Mulder and Scully under the kitchen window, listen to podcasts and watch the birds now that they have discovered the feeders are back.
It was beyond warm, but nothing like it was in France at times, or here for that matter. But i felt odd, hot, but different.In the afternoon I went to Canterbury to have both shoulders pummelled, that went well, and at least the left one is easing.
But on the way back my chest began to itch, and then my arms. And once back the itching spread.
I thought a swarm of mosquitos or midges had been feasting on my delicious blood. But it was something else: prickly heat.
I took an allergy pill, and tried to keep cool as the NHS website warned, this was helped by the evening being the coolest since the early spring, and sitting by the open window watching the cycling and then the football meant that the itching eased, and the rash became less ruddy and raised, until by bedtime, it was gone.
I decided to skip phys the next morning in case the exercise set off another attack.
Other than that, a typical Wednesday
No comments:
Post a Comment