Monday, 7 September 2026

Saturday 5th September 2026

It am the weekend.

Again.

I was up at half five, a poorly shoulder, the other one, keeping me awake or waking me up once asleep.

Bah!

So I get up and wind myself up. Jools has made coffee, so I drink that, and after an hour we get ready for the gym, gather the shopping bags, and shopping list.

And are ready.

A fine late summer's/early autumnal day, the sun rising. Port traffic was light, though some masked knuckle-draggers would see to that later, but this Saturday we were going nowhere beyond Whitfield.

I do 300 calories on the bike at the usual resistance, then we go to Tesco to fill up the car, then to the store for victuals, spending £100.46.

Back home then to pack it away, have breakfast.

Jools worked in the garden most of the day, and I slave over a huge pot of ragu, to fill up the freezer. A pot or two of defrosted and warmed ragu is one of life's pleasures, and as there was little else to do before the sport began, I cooked.

Two hundred and forty eight And cooked well.

I had a shower too, changed, so that I was ready at two, once we had eaten the chorizo hash I also cooked, to watch the cycling with the sound down, fully intending to switch over to Final Score at three.

But the cycling was good, even though I was listening to radio 5 rather than the TV, the passing scenery, villages, and the battles at the front of the pack were enthralling.

The football ended at ten to five, so did the cycling, with another mountain-top finish. Norwich win away at Sheffield Utd for the first time in nine years, and became the first team this season to take three points from them too.

A good day.

The Hull v Villa. A good game, though without goals. So to bed at eight, with darkness already falling.

No comments: