So, I put some timber back on round my waist.
So, a new, or a renewed determination to to do longer, but not so hard at the gym.
Come next week, only drinking on phys days, and cut out the wine. Wine is too easy and lovely to drink, and I have been drinking too much.
So, the alarm went off at ten past five. It was dark, and Jools slept on. So, I got up, tested and jabbed Scully, fed the other cats, then made drinks. So, although we were five minutes behind, we were in the gym at five past six.
I dialled back from level 15 to 12, and so steadily pedalled for fifty minutes. Fifty one and a half, so I did four hundred k/calories.
It was so easy, and I wasn't out of breath come seven.
I waited for Jools outside, then after cooling down, we drove home.
I sat outside to cool down some more, Jools made brews, and we sat outside with Scully laying down between us as the day began, the sun rose.
I go for a shave and shower, so felt more human once I was dried and dressed, and what to do with the day?
Well, there was cycling from just after lunch, so I managed to fritter away the morning until it was time to sit on the sofa with Poppy near by feet under the TV, sleeping away.
I watched about half the stage, then paused so we could have dinner.
Corn boiled, lamb (which I had coated in harissa paste) friend in a little oil, and some grains flavoured with tomatoes and herbs.
Then back in front of the TV to watch the closing 80km of the race, which was through yet more arid hills, now further south.That done, there was the evening to fritter away, with no football to watch.
And somehow, the day was passed and it was time for bed.
Poppy slept on.
No comments:
Post a Comment