Monday, 21 September 2026

Sunday 20th September 2026

And so we come to Sunday, the final day of club football for some 19 days, and all that we have to sustain us is international Nation's League games. England are playing four games, apparently, over the next 16 days, including against World and European champions, Spain.

I was awake before the alarm.

I lay awake in the pre-dawn dark, pondering my life choices of the previous day which included wine, more wine and port.

Once we were both up, I suggested we might not go to the gym, but there was black smoke.

So we would go to the gym.

After coffee the world looked better, if it didn't feel it. But we drove to Whitfield, parked, then walked to the entrance, and upstairs, for once, there was no music playing.

Just silence.

We started our workout. Then the duty guy came in, went into the office and the music came one, with my headphones only just keeping the 123bpm eurodisco and big beats out.

I had an hour of the podcast to go, and I had intended to do the workout to the end. But I got to 45 minutes, I was bushed, and thought that I might get to fifty next time.

That's the plan.

Back home before most folks were up and about, home for a brew and cool down.

Washing was done, and with the early morning rain clearing, should we hang it our or just tumble it.

It was hung out. And we were rewarded with clearing skies and even warm sunshine.

Two hundred and sixty three The afternoon was filled with football: a choice of the Auld Firm Derby or the Black Country one. I opted for Wolves v Albion. And by the time that ended, Norwich had kicked off against Bolton.

In a comedy game where neither team could defend, Norwich lost by the odd goal in seven. Again. Thus having conceded 13 (thirteen) goals in the last three games.

Sigh.

The final game was Fulham v Man Utd, which ended 1-1 with Utd scoring via a deflected goal in injury time. It was just about the worse game of the weekend, a weekend where both Arsenal and Chelsea lost 3-0, and Citeh scored five to Sunderland's three earlier that afternoon.

So it goes.

In the evening we have dinner, which turns to night quickly.

We go to bed to read at eight.

Endex.

No comments: