I slept in until I head Jools leave in the car for yoga. I thought it about quarter past six, it was twenty minutes earlier.
So I get up, get dressed, and go downstairs to make a coffee and see what had happened in the world.
Everything seems stupid still, so I drink my coffee whilst reading old blog posts.
There are the bins to put out, so I wake the neighbourhood as I drag the recycle bin up, as two weeks beer, cider, and wine bottles rattle.
I fill up the feeder, as the birds had emptied it in less than a day, so I sit with Scully as I watch the birds come from near and far to feast on the buffet I had provided.
In fact I had bought a fat block and holder, which they had eaten in two days, so once Jools came back, I drove to the pet store in Whitfield to buy more.On the way back at two consecutive roundabouts, a car and a camper van just did not stop when I had right of way. The boy racer ignored me, but the camper van was clearly lost and went round past with in the wrong lane without indicating.
But I got home safe and sound.Jools went to knot and natter at the library, so I potter around, doing odd jobs in the garden and kitchen, making myself look and feel busy, even if I wasn't.
A late start for the cycling, so we had lunch before the coverage started, but was yet another stage though sun dried rolling hills.
My eyes closed and I started to snooze.I see the last hour, but think I might give the next two stages a miss.
In the garden, the hedges that Rob trimmed when we were away, have remained dried and looking very dead. But the recent rain has caused new shoots of green to show.
The lawnmeadow is showing green growth too, so that more mowing will soon be needed. When I get new fuel.
I join the podcast with David and Mark, as we discuss a matter of concern: me listening to the Beatles albums, and what I thought.
Then straight to the quiz, which I win with some lateral thinking when a picture of Marge Simpson is the first cryptic clue.
Cheese, crackers and wine for supper, while outside the sun sets turning the sky red, with taking a shot or two of.
Ipswich were playing Liverpool, and I thought they stood a chance. But blooding many new signings, they crumbled as Liverpool scored twice in the opening nine minutes, and that was that.
No comments:
Post a Comment