Thursday, 10 September 2026

Tuesday 8th September 2026

I foolishly said I was going to do three sessions of phys this week: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. So this was the second early morning on consecutive mornings.

But I had been away since four, so lay awake waiting for the alarm to go off.

Needless to say, it was dark, but being first up I go downstairs, put the kettle on, test and jab Scully, and then feed them all.

Coffee made for me, tea for Jools, and check on the computer what was going in the world.

Time slips by, and soon I have to put my trainers on and be out of the house.

Sigh.

I drive to Whitfield, and after parking I am nearly run over by a reversing car, whose driver failed to check in his mirrors. I thought he was going to give me a piece of his mind, and would respond my surprise at him having any spare.

But he drove off.

I walked to the entrance and then up to the gym. I have a pod to listen to, on which I am featured speaking about The Beatles. But the usual stuff before me.

I do 300 calories, and decide that was enough, so go downstairs to cool down, easier as outside the rain was falling, and due to get heavier through the morning.

There would be no mowing the lawn this day, the rain came down harder, turning the lawnmeadow green. Or greener.

Jools leaves, so I have the morning in which to have breakfast, a show, another brew. Which I manage.

After lunch we go to Jen's for our first game of cards in months.

We have a brew while we play. I have little luck all afternoon. But Jools wins the run kitty in Queenie, scooping several pounds in pennies, meaning our tin wasn't big enough to hold all our winnings.

Ha!

A race back home to turn on the TV so I can watch La Vuelta. Once that was done, I go to the kitchen, rustle up a quick lunch.

Two hundred and fifty one We had a bottle of English fizz to go with lunch, which I ad bought on Sunday. And very nice and refreshing it was too.

And then to the sofa for the race.

Once that ended, I had half an hour before the evening's football, where I watched West Ham play at Bolton. It ended in an entertaining 3-2 away win.

No comments: