Its the middle of the week, and we to have a visitor.
So, there is the extra cleaning of the house so it looks spick and span. And when Jools was at her class, I stay behind, hang out the washing and vacuum the living room.
So all is ready.Jill is someone we were friends with, or I was friends with when I used to go through the football back in the noughties.
Her husband was also an armourer as well as a Norwich fan. And then his drinking got out of control, and his life went crazy, got himself a young far eastern girlfriend, and then his drinking caught up with him.
So, at his funeral, we reconnected with Jill, and so she comes to stay with us once every couple of years, and was due to arrive mid-morning.
At least the sunshine had returned, so Jools and I were in the garden when Jill pulled up.
We had a brew outside, catching up on our news. And once we were reacquainted, the thought was what to do with the afternoon.
We went to Sandwich.I couldn't remember taking her there before, but we had.
Anyway. We parked behind the Guildhall, then into town to the old bus station, where there is a good café now, so we have a snack and another brew.
Coming out we found we had spent an hour of the two hours of parking we had paid for, so we went for a wander down the streets and alleyways, looking a the old buildings and walls made of a right mix of materials.
I bumped into my friend John, wo arranged the tour to India. Do we want to go to Zimbabwe and Botswana next year? It would be expensive, and money we don't have.
I caught up with Jill and Jools, we walked back to the car, and then head home via Deal and Walmer so we could see the castles and the towns.
But back home, where it was time to feed the cats and have dinner. Dinner was aubergine and pasta salad, which is something we haven't had for maybe a year, but with Jill being vegetarian, it seemed a good meat-free meal.
We talked until it was dark, at which point sleep overtook us, so bed at half eight.
No comments:
Post a Comment