Friday 19 February 2016

Friday 19th February 2016

Thursday

Day four of the week at home. And I am now a little bored.After so much traveling, the commute from one chair at the dining room table to another is not strenuous at all, even if I now have to move double that distance now either Molly or Mulder are sitting on my usual work chair. But that is not really of a problem. Elsewhere on earth, others are dealing with bigger problems.

Outside the rain had been falling since before dawn, and when dawn arrived, it slunk in, quite embarrassed at the drab landscape she revealed. I turned the thermostat up another notch and made another pot of coffee. Cranking the heating up also helped the batch of dough I had rustled up before breakfast so I had some fresh rolls for lunch.

I have the radio on, catching up on what I missed the day before, so two shows and some other stuff burbled away in the background.

At eleven I took the first batch of rolls out of the oven, not even waiting for them to cool down, I split one open, cover each half in butter and have with a fresh cup of tea. Really, that is mighty fine way to spend mid-morning. Fresh bread with nowt taken out and just poppy seeds added. Lovely.

At some point in the late morning, I began to get a stabbing pain in the base of my back. I tried to ignore it, but no dice. I sit on the sofa for a while and the pain does not stop. So I take yet more drugs and take to bed where I am joined by Scully who falls asleep curled against the back of my legs. I snooze the afternoon away, and when I get up the pain has gone. Which is a good thing.

Jools was bringing home fish and chips, so I just had to make sure that the kettle was freshly boiled and there was a couple of slices of buttered bread for chip butties.

Once we ate, we sat and chatted. But with Jools' early start; she left for work at half five, and my back meant that we gave up on the evening at half eight and went to bed. Just late enough to have a chuckle as Man Utd stumbled to another defeat, this time in Europe against FC Midtjylland. And by now I'm part Danish, so I should celebrate it, right?

No comments: