Wednesday 10 February 2016

Wednesday 10th February 2016

Tuesday

At least, I would have hoped, could not be any worse than Monday. Though in truth, it wasn't that bad as I really hadn't lost my job, killed anyone thanks a to a bizarre series of incidents which began when all I wanted was a cup of tea. No, in the end, Monday wasn't bad, and Tuesday was better. Which was nice.

Sadly, Jools' boss is on holiday this week, which means she is doing the work of more than two people. Again. Which means she leaves for work at half six, setting off before dawn and not returning until six. Which means it was just me and the cats for the day. In all the excitement they all took to their various beds and slept until after lunch. We have the radio on, or at least I do. Molly says she don't like Radcliffe and Maconie, but secretly I can see her wagging her tail in time to Fieldmusic.

Outside, it rained for a change. Which was nice. I mean we'd hate it to be sunny for like a whole two hours.

After lunch, I tackle the dread that is travel expenses. But being without a printer, this takes two days, the first day is the computer work, assigning credit card receipts to a trip, saving the form, then sending it to Jools to print out. Six trips, six forms, six flight receipts, six car hire bills. And so on. Tomorrow it would be the scanning, once all the credit card receipts are found, which could take, oooh, weeks. But then I like a challenge.

At the end of the day, I sat on the sofa, after having been joined by Molly, to watch both weekend editions of MOTD. As you do. I watched the City game from behind the sofa, so bad were they.

Jools arrives home, we have more pasta salad and cold breaded aubergine, washed down with cider and/red wine. There seemed to be just a glass left in the box, so I was intent on emptying it. Halfway through the third glass at some point later in the evening, I gave up, with half a glass still swilling round, and if I wasn't mistaken, at least another glass still left in the box.

No comments: