Thursday 25 February 2016

Thursday 25th February 2016

Wednesday

And here I am, still at home and still loving it.

Once up and out of bed, I look outside to see the sky all blues, reds and oranges, and the ground was as hard as iron, as there had been a harsh hoar frost overnight. I stood at the back window, sipping my forst coffee as the sun rose and the first rays hit the thick frost in the garden, starting to melt it straight away. It was the start of a glorious day, sunny but bitterly cold.

Frost I had set myself the task of writing a new procedure, and that was going to take most of the day. So, after breakfast and another coffee, I sat down and began to type. Work went well, what with Molly sat beside me, gently purring away.

Mid-morning, I take a break and put on my shoes and coat for a slow walk into the village to go to the post office to buy a Mother's Day card and then post it. After writing in it, of course. It was a fine morning to be out, even if my back was have a loud grumble about it, especially the uphill bits, but then if we give into our aches and pains we would seize up I guess. Thankfully they do have a selection for adults, nothing worse than having to send a card addressed to Mummy when you're more than 50! I write a few lines, then present it to the lady behind the counter. Don't you want to read the words? she asked. NO, its all about the word count, trust me.

Splendour in the grass That done, I thought about popping into the village shop for some crisps, but thought better of it as I have survived for months without any, so I walk down the hill in the bright sunshine. At least it gets the blood pumping, and by the time I get back home I am feeling quite warm. So, I pop the kettle on for a brew.

Jools asked if we were going back to Suffolk this weekend to visit, I said NO. Very firmly.

That sorted, it was time to prepare dinner; egg and breadcrumb some chicken breasts, cook them and some sweetcorn, and bobs your uncle. Done.

And it was rather delicious, and with just a cuppa to wash it down, once done, we settle down to watch more on the Renaissance, all Italian and full of guilt and symbolism, and not at all secular. But joyous all the same. And now I have to go back to visit all these wonderful places I missed last time I was there.

Bah.

So, with night having fallen, and the moon hidden behind clouds in the east as it rose, I settle down to listen to the football on the wireless. Just as it should be.

Clouds across the moon

No comments: