Wednesday 24 February 2016

Wednesday 24th February 2016

Tuesday

I have now got so used to working from home after very nearly two weeks without traveling, that it will come as a major shock to the system when I head back to the airport next week. However, for now, I enjoy being at home, listening to the radio, stroking the cats and generally enjoying the heck out of life.

Before I start work, I strip the spare bed, but that in the machine and set it going, then empty the bins, put in fresh liners and finally mix up a batch of dough for some rolls for my lunch. Todays, tomorrow's and probably Thursdays lunch too. Ten minutes kneading and its ready to sit on the shelf about the radiator, where it will also catch the warming rays of the morning sun as it rises.

Phew.

Now for work. And more coffee. And breakfast.

After a couple of hours I beat the dough back down, shape into rolls and leave them for an hour before popping them into the oven. Once cooked I can't wait for the first batch to cool, I take a nice dark brown one, break it open and cover both halves with butter which melts quickly. And with a fresh strong cuppa, made a wonderful mid-morning snack.

All in all, it was a fine quiet day, a couple of short meetings, chance to catch up on some housekeeping chores with the project, and I feel I achieve something. Phew.

And at four, I go up to the spare room to do a session on the cross trainer. Its been a while, and it was a struggle, but I get through it, and have an audience as Scully is watching every move I make to ensure I don't sneak down to the kitchen to feed the other cats and miss her out.

We have the simple meal of pasta salad and cold aubergine, a meal that requires no preparation only to get the food out of the fridge half an hour before eating, so its not too cold.

The evening is spent listening to the football on the radio; Arse v Barca, and not quite the landslide I expected, but a 2-0 win for Barcelona, and another early bath for Arse. So it goes.

No comments: