Tuesday 16 February 2016

Tuesday 16th February 2016

Monday

Back in the 80s, when I was a QC inspector at the chicken factory, Sunday evenings were a time of anxiety as I fretted about the upcoming week. Once I left the RAF, that continued as I had a series of temporary jobs, delivering beer or horrible chemicals. Even up to about 18 months ago, I would worry about what Monday would bring when I would open my mail box. It seems that those days are behind me, for now at least. So, I wake Monday morning, all revved up and raring to go, sure there would be no burning issues for me, mainly because I had my phone all weekend and was dealing with the issues there and then. Won't happen often, but hey.

I have breakfast once Jools has left, while outside a steady rain falls, with the BBC putting out a yellow warning for snow and sleet for the evening commute, I told Jools to be careful.

Late afternoon walk This week is another holiday weekend in Denmark, so things promised to be quiet all week. Which coupled with my first week at home all year, all sounded like music to my ears. Anyway, after the burst of excitement of the new mails, dealing with those, things settled down. I put the radio on, and whiled away the day away, working, stroking the cats and making and drinking coffee and tea. Its a lifestyle choice I guess.

Late afternoon walk At the end of the day, there was a few breaks in the clouds, so I decided to go for a quick walk to try to stretch my legs and get some fresh air. The wind was in the north, and the next bank of dark clouds were building, but for now, there was sunshine. And mud. Lots of mud.

Horses are taken for walks, is that what you do with horses; walk them? Anyway, many horses feet had churned up the path over the fields, meaning to be able to keep moving, the path is spreading onto the fields either side, where the ground is firmer. The pig's copse is still empty, and as I stood at Fleet House the last of the afternoon sun was eclipsed by more dark clouds. In my pocket I had half a dozen carrots; I walked down the path leading to the dip to feed the two sad looking horses. They ignored me at first, but then saw my carrots!

Late afternoon walk They came over and were very happy to be fed. Their owner was there, and she said it was OK, but don't feed them too much! So, the final few I took to the sorrowful group of horses and ponies in the next field, then with the carrots all gone, I turned for home.

As I walked inside the back door, the heavens opened and large hailstones hammered down. Just in time.

Monday night is now X Files night, so we wait in anticipation. Or I do at least, as the clock ticks round to nine and Mulder and Scully time.

No comments: