Tuesday 9 February 2016

Tuesday 9th February 2016

Monday

Why not brighten your day by booking some well deserved time off? OK< I think I might just do that.

I say this because in terms of working day in recent months, Monday was a shocker: just about anything that did go wrong, did. I means things have been going rather well, all had their wheels come off. i mean, it was endless. I suppose some stuff could go wrong, but all at the same time??

Meanwhile, outside the wind blew. In fact it had been blowing since Sunday evening, but come Monday it was crazy. Weather, it seems, is just not exciting enough, so it seems we needed to ape the US and begin to name storms. So, for the 2015-16 winter, we have had several so called named-storms, and this week it was the turn of Storm Imogen. It did blow and blow, winds gusted to over 100mph, and up here on the cliffs, it was very blowy around the parts. Indeed. On TV, there was lots of shots of presenters trying to stand up on various seafronts and river sides, like we couldn't imagine what a windy day might look like.

The cats stayed in, demanding food and looking mournfully out of the windows. Rain hammered down in short sharp showers, whilst the parade of shot continued from work. Why, on a Monday. Oh yeah, Monday.

And then tomorrow I am gonna have to tackle the backlog of travel expenses. Oh deep, deep joy.

Finally, the working day drew to an end just after four, and I retreated to the kitchen where I peeled some aubergines ready for some egg and breadcrumbing action before shallow frying them. I had made some pasta salad earlier, so all was set for a nice summer meal, but in February.

Jools had also had a dreadful day; this was cured by the joint power of beer (for me) and cider (for Jools). And dinner.

That night it was the return of The X Files, which I wrote about in my previous post. Just so you know. And that was your Monday, and how many days until that time off?

No comments: