Friday 5 February 2016

Tuesday 2nd February 2016

Monday

Welcome to the working week. Again.

A day at home before I am off to Denmark again, so the usual slow start; a coffee with Jools before she leaves, then breakfast And another coffee. A meeting is schedules for eight, so I am ready and raring to go with at least two minutes to spare. Phew.

Another morning of meetings, drinking coffee and the rest of the stuff that fills my days when working from home. At eleven, I suddenly realise I have not eaten a meal in nearly 24 hours, so end up making for ham sandwiches laces with fruity chutney, which goes down rather well.

The afternoon grows old, I am ready and posed to respond to mails and phone calls. But already I see my hours at home slipping away, I check in for my flight online, and at four go upstairs to pack ready for the early start in the morning.

After dinner, Jools checks that we have all the information needed to finalise the trip to Japan, so she mails that and the balance to pay to the tour arranger, which means we are all good to go!

It is transfer deadline day, which means nothing unless you are a football fan, so I listen to the radio, where people are talking about very little for hour upon hour as potential deals are discussed to death. At ten I give up and go to bed, but it seems all the excitement has been too much for Jools and she is fast asleep already.

No comments: