Saturday 27 February 2016

Saturday 27th February 2016

Friday

And, my friends, we have made it to the cusp of the weekend once more. Just 8 hours or so of work to go. Let's get through this and then we can relax.

I received a call from my Mum thanking me for the Mother's Day card, apparently I was over a week early! who knew? not me for sure. But at least I have got it sent I guess.

There is the usual stuff to do, but what is this from IT; I have to migrate to Windows 10 by the end of next week? really? Oh noes. Well, I suppose see how it is working on as my home PC asks me every day of I want a free upgrade. Last upgrade took only three weeks for the laptop to settle down and be able to work with; what could go wrong? I have set aside Wednesday for the task of installing it.

It is a usual working day, mails to write, documents to read and review. The day progresses.

I have lunch, cheese and crackers and the remaining roll made earlier in the week.

Once my colleagues in Denmark begin to finish for the week, I get the idea maybe I should too. I am so up to date right now. Anyway, I have more garden chores. At three I switch the computer and mobile off, have a coffee then go into the garden to look for some gravel.

Yes, gravel. Seems that aquatic compost isn't necessary, but gravel, or git, will do. Just to find some. There is some in the shed I am assured by Jools. I look and in the end find half a jar of small stones; that will do for the time being. So, I get the remaining plants, arrange them in a ball and cover their roots with gravel, then submerge the pot in the deeper of the pond.

Once that was done, I take up a recumbent position on the sofa, and much to my surprise Molly left her place at the other end of the sofa and came to sit on my lap. This is something she had not done since before I went to sea in 2006, I do worry about these changes in her behaviour, but seeing her leaping and bounding the garden this morning makes me realise she is much the same cat as she always has been. She just likes to keep us on our toes. Taking Molly home from the shelter in 2005 was the first really good thing I did after I left the RAF. She has been a constant presence in my life since, and how she has brightened it. Just to see her sparkling eyes as she waits in anticipation for a stroke from my hand.

That done, I retire back into the house as the keen east wind feels like it is cutting me in half. Brrrr. With a fresh coffee I listen to a couple of music documentaries on the radio, whoch are very interesting, but also sad, as the tale of Amy Winehouse is told. Not reflecting good on the press or her 'friends' either.

Jools is bringing home fish and chips, so no cooking for me, I just have to have a couple of slices of bread buttered and the kettle on the boil when she comes back. Just after six she arrives, laden with fish and chips and gravel. What a lucky boy I am. There really is noting like fish and chips eaten from the newspaper, as the fumes of salt and vinegar mixing with the delicious smells coming off the food. Lovely.

Badger We avoid the Brit Eurovision show, and instead watch the Rugby, Wales v France, which is a really good game, Wales wins easily, but France pushed them close in the 2nd half. As I was watching the 2nd half, a young badge was outside clearing the bird seed from underneath the feeder. I even go to the window to get a shot.

No comments: