Friday 5 February 2016

Thursday 4th February 2016

Wednesday

Yawn!

I should have been able to have a long lazy morning followed by a pleasant drive in the sunshine. But I have a meeting at the crack of sparrahs, and a coordination meeting before, all via Skype of course. So I sit at the desk in my big room watching the rush hour jams on the streets below, then the sun rise away to my left over the harbour.

The meetings over, I pack my work gear and go down to the parking garage, program the sat nav, put the radio on, but can find nothing worth listening to, so drive in silence other than the orders coming from the sat nav.

Soon I am driving out into the rolling countryside, past farms, woods, the usual Danish stuff. The motorway runs out, and I crawl through a large town, out the other side and back onto the motorway. The sun is shining, I am in a good mood. I wish I could tell you more about the countryside, just gently rolling farmland, villages, woods, and the occasional meandering river. Quite pleasant really.

I arrive at the factory an hour early: I program the return trip, and check mails, and while the time away.

Once we all had arrived, we go for lunch, and all is friendly and pleasant. Most Danish companies seem to provide subsidized meals for workers, and it is all good stuff: hot choices, salads, bear followed by cheese and crackers. Very nice, and most workers pay about two fifty for them. Bargain.

We have the meeting, two hours of talking. Then its all over, and I have another two hour drive back to the hotel, longer than the meeting, really. It’s a fine afternoon, skies are blue, laced with the warm tones of the setting sun. Traffic only gets heavy as I near Arhus, where it is the start of rush hour. I fight my way through the traffic, but get back by quarter past four, early enough to get a parking space in the underground garage.

That evening I meet Anni and Bo for drinks: I take them to Mikkler, and they enjoy it too. I have to have the smoked lager again, and it is as good as it was the day before. Which was nice. We have three or for more beers, but as Anni has an early start, we say good night and I go back to the hotel to try to get dinner. The restaurant seems only half full, but I am told I will have to wait 15 minutes; I have a beer and am a right grump.

When I get called to a table, there is just two choices: so avoiding the baked fish I have coq au red wine, which was OK. Ten in the evening, time for bed. But oh look there's football on the TV again.

Cheers!

No comments: