Tuesday 23 February 2016

The end of the allergies

Those of you who read these posts on a regular basis will know I have been suffering from allergy attacks for the past 5 years. It took some times to work out that these were allergy attacks, not flu, but after a blood test, my GP told me I was just allergic to house dust and dust mites.

This has resulted in the situation where vacuuming, dusting and general tidying up is left until I am on a trip away, giving time for the dust to settle. In truth this did not really work, and after a time, it became clear there was something else.

Most attacks began in the evening, and looking back I can say that almost always after a shower. So, the culprit initially was aftershave. Even if I only shave once a week and attacks were more frequent sometimes than once a week. Then it moved onto deodorant. So, I stopped using one brand, then stopped using all spay on brands at all.

All this time, the attacks were getting more irregular and the attacks themselves not as severe. So, it appeared I was on the right track.

However, last weekend I remembered that on both Friday and Sunday night that when I had a shower both times I used an extra squeeze of gel, and both times an attack occurred. So, since then, I have used a grape sized drop of gel, and no repeat. And I am left with clear breathing, no sniffs nor sneezes. It is early day, but I realise now that even between attacks, I have been congested, had rasping coughs, so, this is a major improvement, and I think finally I have it beaten.

IN fact the second of last weekend's attacks was a very mild and sensitive attack, and this caused an attack, so, the brand does not matter, just the amount.

Which is frustrating for me also in a way, as I must have given about 20 bottles of after shave, shampoo and various cans of deodorant away over the past three years, but hey. I know the answer now!

Message ends.

No comments: