Tuesday 1 May 2018

Monday 30th April 2018

And this will be remembered for the day it did not stop raining. And not just general steady rain, this was end of the world, sky as black as my heart type weather. I say that, I saw it rain four inches in one day once in Arkansas, this wasn't like that. But for England, it was impressive. Six hours of heavy rain, so heavy the cats didn't even bother looking out the cat flap, they just stayed curled up asleep, holding it all in.

As for we humans; well, Jools took the car to work, actually driving all the way to the office and giving up her morning walk in. Just as well, as she said lunchtime, it was raining even harder. I stayed in, working on the laptop. As you do, earning my keep.

I have the radio on, and as ever after a couple of day off, after opening Outlook, there is a pause and you think, maybe there will be no emails. And then there is the dialogue box saying that the inbox is updating. I say inbox. My laptop. Outlook on my laptop has called the inbox, outbox. Just to confuse me.

One hundred and twenty I could rename it, but where's the fun in that? If the computer decoded to name the inbox, outbox, then who am I to spoil its fun?

I had to lamp on until well after midday, it was so dull. And not just the work! ha ha.

Sandwiches with crisps for lunch. At ten in the morning as I was hungry, all I had to do then was to wait eight hours for dinner. Which I did.

The afternoon drags on.

At four I stop, watch the highlights of Sunday's games, and then go up to do a session on the cross trainer.

And outside the rain continues to hammer down.

Matches my mood.

Dinner is chorizo hash, as I am the global ambassador for chorizo hash, I have to mention it every week, even if we have not eaten it since 2008.

Chorizo hash calls for wine. I try to drink less.

I'll just have another splash I say, holding a pint glass under the bottle.

It was Spurs v Watford at a half full Wembley on the radio. I listen to the second half in bed, and stay awake.

Outside it had stopped raining.

Finally.

1 comment:

nztony said...

" the global ambassador for chorizo hash" - I'd second that ;-)
I see they do a Chorizo Hash in my New World (read Tesco) in my
deli section - perhaps I should try it one day!