Thursday 3 May 2018

Wednesday 2nd May 2018

Another day working from home.

And in the way of things, after the near summer conditions the day before, rain, rain and more rain was forecast. Although not quite as heavy as Monday.

But apart from that, it was like Groundhog day. But colder.

I tried to not have the heating on, but by lunchtime it was so chilly, my poor hands were turning blue. So I went upstairs to switch the heating back on, and soon the house was warming up, and cats laid themselves on radiators.

Rain soon came, turning the day back to dusk again, and after lunch the rain began to beat down.

I have the radio on, it plays quietly in the background as I get my list of tasks done.

By four, and it being a rest day from the cross trainer, Scully and I sit on the sofa to watch a documentary about Easter Island. I don't think Scully was that bothered as she spent most of the time cleaning her bottom, but I liked it, and enjoyed the re-evaluation of the history of the island, pre and post European encounter. And it seems they islanders did not commit environmental suicide, but for some reason cut down 16,000,000 trees, in what must have been a blur of work that must have taken several centuries, whilst other carved hundreds of stone heads and moved them round the island from the quarry.

Interesting stuff.

But as ever, the tale post encounter with Europeans was one of disease, slavery, kidnap and their land taken over by sheep farmers.

One hundred and twenty two Jools came home at six, and we ate more aubergine and pasta salad. Outside, the clouds cleared again, and soon warm late evening sunlight was flooding the back garden. I take a picture to prove that it happened.

Liverpool were on the radio again, playing Roma in the CL. A good game, but in the end their win last week just saw them through. And despite being exciting, I only just stayed awake.

No comments: