Wednesday 9 May 2018

Tuesday 8th May 2018

Back to work.

Shit spreading day (part 1)

I say part 1, as this afternoon the farmer down the hill spread shot over the half of the field he didn't get round yesterday. In the warm sunshine yesterday, it was rather ripe.

But back to work, and after breakfast, coffee, more coffee, I stare at my work bag which contains the tools of my trade; laptop, notebook and so on, and realise I don't want to work today. But, only three days to go this week, and 18 days off. Yes, 18 days off.

But to get there, three day off. And avoiding demanding cats.

The day starts with three hours of meetings, sitting there listening to people talk, offer ideas. IT cut out at regular enough intervals to mean you couldn't quite follow what was going on, and the host of the meeting forgot to ask if there were any questions, so I attended the meeting, in a fleeting sense.

The morning passes, and due to a procedure I am having in hospital on Friday, I am having to adjust my diet for three days; no fruit, no vegetables, no fibre, and on Thursday, no food at all, and then take the yukky medicine.

But that is for later this week.

I have scrambled egg for lunch, and have to try to drink the first of three litres of water.

Outside the sun continues to shine, but its not so warm. Warm enough to sit on the patio and read, maybe while sipping a mint julep or two. But I have work to do.....

I should not be eating vegetables, but there is aubergine for dinner. I mean its not really either a fruit or vegetable is it? Either way, it's what we're having to eat. And pasta salad, which is a good food for this week. Apparently.

One hundred and twenty eight Jools is also point o hospital on Friday. A different one. So she is also taking the day off, so has to work a little extra each day to get her tasks done. This means that she isn't home until quarter past six, we fnish dinner just before seven, and by the time we tidy up it's getting towards eight. I mean, where's the time gone?

There is the small matter of the Swansea v Southampton, with the chance that who loses would probably be relegated.

And all the time, since early afternoon, the smell of fresh manure hangs over the village and our house. Yummy.

Southampton win 1-0, and Swansea are dangerously close to relegation, but the fact there was a winner means that WBA are relegated, relegated the same day their manager got the April Manager of the Month Award.

Cruel.

No comments: