Thursday 10 May 2018

Wednesday 9th May 2018

Wednesday, and day two of the great shit storm, with the top end of the field nearest us, making the air seem to thick you could almost cut it with a knife, though you wouldn't want to eat it.

Jools was away to work at half six again, I watched the recording of MOTD2 from Sunday, had breakfast and more coffee. Now, because of my appointment on Friday, almost any kind of fibre is banned, so what I can actually eat is now very limited, so it is basically oatcakes, but with little jam or marmalade, as strictly speaking, those are banned too.

For most of my colleagues based in Denmark, this is the last working day of the week, so I was expecting a day of chaos and a late finish too.

But with people in meetings, I begin my pre-holiday tasks, clearing up databases and spreadsheets.

The morning passes. I have scrambled eggs for dinner. And the calm continues.

Which is nice.

It is cool in the afternoon, the sun seems not so strong, nearly cool enough to put the heating on, but after closing all the windows, its fine. I get distracted by Wheeler Dealers, then something called Chase the Car, and sit boggled eyed as a guy spends nine hundred grand on two rare muscle cars. I guess there are an investment, and so will increase in value, but that kind of money on two vintage cars seems madness.

One hundred and twenty nine There are seedlings to water, and survey what has grown and what jobs need doing in the garden. It still looks good.

I coat some chicken and fry them for dinner, ready for when Jools comes home. I can't have aubergine, and my position as head of the Aubergine Marketing Board is at risk if we don't have double portions next week.

But that is another day over, one day nearer my two weeks off. And I am a happy bunny.

And there is football on the radio, four more games, so I listen to that, and Jools does beading. Darkness falls and the stars come out, but it way too chilly to go and sit outside.

No comments: