Saturday 22 August 2020

Friday 21st August 2020

I was still not well.

In fact, I was worse than the previous night.

I must have ate something that disagreed with me.

Anyway, by the time morning came, I was drained, and I hoped the worse was over. I was going to go out for breakfast, but there seemed no point as I wasn't hungry, and it would rattle through me. So, at seven, I packed up and checked out.

It was at least cool outside, and being early not much traffic on the roads. I made my way to the quayside, then up the long bypass running beside the city and the modern docks, up to the start of the motorway and out into the countryside.

I put the radio on and concentrated on the road ahead, hoping that I would not have to make any emergency stops.

Ahem.

Past Winchester, still early enough so there was little traffic making their way into the city centre. I press on over the downs.

It was cloudy, sometimes it tried to rain, but I made good time and got to the M25, turning east for home.

And for a Friday morning, in August, in the middle of the school holidays, the roads were amazingly empty. So I made really good time, entering Surrey and then Kent.

I stopped to call Jools I would soon be home, then back onto the road for the final run down the M20 to home.

Once home, Jools had gone shopping, so I unloaded the car, to be met for all four cats, telling me if it wasn't dinner time, that it was mid morning snack time.

I oblige. And try to pick up Cleo, which was silly, and she was too quick for me, giving me too scratches before she fled upstairs.

I'll be honest with you, I felt like shit.

I unpack, have a shower and try to eat something, as I seemed hungry. Which might not have been the best idea in the history of bad ideas.

Soon after lunch, I go to lay down, but the strong breeze bangs the new blinds, and I was too lazy to raise them and close the curtains.

I slept fitfully.

Then I met our new neightbour/pet: a juvenile pheasant has taken to visiting the food tray under the feeders for an afternoon snack. I was able to get shots from the house, then watch in amazement as Jools walked back up the path from the shed, within 5 feet of the bird, and he carried on eating.

Two hundred and thirty four The rest of the day was spent with me being overly-dramatic and being in a state of a near-faint.

Not much was achieved, apart from me making a cheese toastie for supper.

I should have had an early night, but there was the Europa League Final to watch, so I did, until ten.

Then bed.

No comments: