Monday 17 August 2020

Monday 17th August 2020

A bonus blog for Monday, and the day is not yet done.

But tomorrow I am travelling, to Southampton at first, to meet my half a minion at the hotel. The ndrive to Fawley on Wednesday and then popping over to the Isle of Wight on Thursday.

All exciting stuff. And will be the first time I have been out of Kent since March 13!

And for three days.

But first, Monday.

I was going to start phys again today, but with four days off, there didn't seem much point. There's always next week. I say.

Sunrise is now shortly before six, and so is not quite fully light when the alarm goes off. Night falls before nine, in fact as I write this at ten past eight, I need to put the table light on to be able to type.

The year ploughs on.

Work is the same. Early morning meeting, then yet more audit prep.

Jools goes shopping, getting a few things we need, and for her to eat when I'm away. I work on.

No rest for the auditor, it seems.

There is no storms forecasted, but it feels fresher, meaning we can sleep at night, which is always a bonus.

Jools returns with shopping, and we have the rest of the roast beef with salad and some fresh crusty bread, once we had put the shopping away.

Jools does gardening in the afternoon, more deadheading and clearing out of the wildlife pool, I make coffee and from the to patio I spy a hummingbird hawk moth. I try to snap it, and get some usable shots, but those wings beat fast.

Two hundred and thirty Later, sitting and drinking yet another coffee, we watch as a thunderhead forms over France. Comparing it with the storm radar, it seems to be centered over St Omer, some 70 miles away. It drifts northwards, leaving us without thunder and lightning. Again.

Storm over France We have caprese for sinner, with tomatoes from our very own garden.

Cats follow us about, and Cleo thinks all food is hers to scoff. We have to chase her off the table a few times.

Then she poos under the table.

Ewww!

And so here we are. Monday night, thinking about travel and some serious work to do in the coming days.

No comments: