Tuesday 4 August 2020

Monday 3rd August 2020

Back to work.

Day of the harvest.

Or at least in the big field we can see from the house. All day the harvester trundled up and down the field, hour after hour, a fleet of tractors and trailers in attendance to take away the grain. Just leaving behind lone lines of straw that created longer and longer shadows through the day. While in Chez Jelltex the sound of the fan that must suck the wheat and chaff up, created a low background hum.

Two hundred and sixteen Bread comes from somewhere.

From time to time I tried to get shots, but at least in the afternoon, the sun came out so made the shots "punchy".

We had got up at half five, had coffee, then when Jools went for a walk, I climbed the stairs and onto the new cross trainer for the first session of the day.

I do 13 minutes. It is hard.

It has a different position, or makes me stand in a different position, which makes it feel like it is a cross between and cross trainer and a step machine. It makes my thighs ache. Which is supposed to be a good thing.

I remind myself of Mum sinking into her armchair, getting old before her time, and redouble my efforts.

Sitting on the patio is a fine reward for phys having been done well. I st and watch the birds try to get peanuts out of the empty feeder. So I walk over and top it up, they tweet their approval.

I cut up fruit for breakfast, smother it in yogurt in each bowl, and make a second pot of coffee. Outside the sun shines brightly and the cool start warms up. The BBC weatherman says it could be 38 degrees in southern England by Friday. I will sleep in the fridge if that happens.

Just saying.

And so to work.

Early morning virtual coffee machine meeting. No news. No gossip.

And onto the final overdue task I had been saving for three days. That takes five minutes to complete.

Work trickles in, but I deal with it in a prompt and professional manner. As you would expect.

Jools makes lunch: warmed up hash, salad and slaw. No wine.

Its fine.

The afternoon drags.

We have a brew.

And another brew. And the leftover chilli chocolate.

I do another session on the cross trainer. Another 13 minutes.

Building up.

I guess it's full moon that evening, so check on moonrise times, and see that it is 21:10. I hope to see it.

But through the evening, cloud rolls in and looks impossible we will see the moon.

I say, 2yes, I will play Uckers", and beat Jools by four pieces and am happy.

I was sitting doing some late evening procrastination when Jools calls me up and tells me to bring my camera. Out the bathroom window, the moon could be seen through the trees the other side of The Dip. It rose slowly, and I take many shots, of this is one.

One hundred percent Green Corn Moon, apparently.

No comments: