Friday 28 August 2020

Thursday 27th August 2020

Pay Day.

Bonus pay day.

It turns out, it is easier to take out a loan than replay it.

Seriously.

I left you the day before with the fact hat we had been wired enough money to pay off our mortgage, and had received late in the afternoon the redemption value.

All we had to do now was transfer the balance from our bank account to that of Nat West.

Simples.

We had got up, and if I'm honest, still felt like shot. Even the thought of paying off debts didn't perk me up.

I do sleep through the alarm, this is mainly due to the fact I lay awake for at least two hours during the night, my mind just wandering through things, nothing in particular. So, when the alarm went off, it was like I had no or little sleep.

Jools made coffee, the smell tempted me downstairs.

She went out collecting more sloes and blackberries, I tried to wake myself up.

At nine, Jools tried to pay the mortgage off.

We had our bank account details. Check.

We had Nat West's mortgage account. Check.

We had the details to add to the transaction. Check.

We had the money in our bank to cover it. Check.

But the computer said "no".

Or a computer said no.

No idea where the fault lay, just that as the transaction was due to complete, it failed.

Jools, being the brains of the organisation, called Lloyds.

Called Nat West.

Called Lloyds, as they both blamed each other.

Turns out that there is a £25k limit on transactions via a debit card per day.

And our bank account created an alarm when the full amount was to be transferred, even though we had warned them this was going to happen.

And hour passed.

Nearly two hours passed when the final block on the transaction was removed, and the transfer went to be "pending".

It was paid. Or in the process of being paid.

Wow.

Just like that.

I felt no different.

Maybe its because the act took to late in the month to cancel September's payment, which we would get back within a few days. I don't know.

What shall we do?

Go out for lunch.

I looked online, the Old Lantern was closed, but the Lydden Bell was open, and seemed to have tables.

We drove there.

I have been there to eat just once before, when my friend from Denmark, Steffen, came over and paid for us to eat out.

Two hundred and forty But we were eating out now as homeowners in our own right, we could afford this, and not blink.

Also, this was the first time we had eaten out since some time in February.

Chieftain IPA There is a menu.

There are specials.

There are starters.

We were hungry! I order baked Camembert with chilli jam followed by Brie and bacon beefburger. And a pint.

And all around, at a social distance, were the other diners and families, it all seemed pretty normal.

The food came, and it was good. Real good. I spread the runny cheese on fresh bread rolls, sipping the fresh IPA inbetween mouthfuls.

The Lydden Bell, Lydden, Kent Yummy.

We were done some time after three. When we get back, I check my mails and close for the day.

I am tired. Worn out. I take to the sofa to listen to a podcast, and just about to stay awake. I fail at staying awake from four once I put the radio on.

I wake at half five, there are cats and kittens everywhere.

I still feel pooped.

We have cheese and crackers an me a small tripel for supper.

That finishes me off. We go to bed at nine, Scully is waiting.

No comments: