Saturday 22 August 2020

The week in cats

Wednesday

(Jools writing)

Went to bed quite late, all cats were out, closed the curtains and put done the blind. Wwke up at about 1.00 AM with indigestion, shouldn't have eaten so late, no poo anywhere, so all to the good, Cleo was in your room, Poppy was in the basket under the stairs and Mulder was on the sleeping bag.

When I woke up, no poo anywhere, fed the tiddlers, had put the alarm on for 5.00 AM, partly as I want to do a lot today and also to stagger the feeding, both tiddlers in the house and they ate quite well. Have witnessed both using the litter tray to pee.

Poppy very confident going out now and they have both been climbing the tree, Poppy more so, higher (very high to be honest) and more times than Cleo. She did need to be coaxed down everso gently. They have both been very affectionate this morning and no ducking away when I went to stroke them. They are currently sparko in the perspex box together! They did not touch the dried food I left in the back room for them

After feeding them went down the garden in my nightdress and they were running around the garden, Cleo doing that running for her life just for the joy of it. Have fed Mulder and Sculley successfully and given lots of attention, both came in wanting attention whilst I was eating my breakfast. Sculley is very clingy, they both are standing their ground though around Cleo and Poppy, although I have noticed Mulder's movements are very deliberate, rather than that loping gait that he sometimes has.

Thursday

Was in the back room last night just before bed and Mulder came in and gave the cactus what for, Poppy was in the box and was all goggle eyed, then Cleo came up and I diffused the situation by calling Mulder into the bathroom whilst I brushed my teeth. Mulder spent most of the night on the sleeping bag. We just need to work on Sculley now, bringing her back in the house.

Woke up last night to use the facilities, no poo anywhere upstairs, did not come down stairs. When the alarm went off, Cleo quickly came in the bedroom and wanted affection, so food basically. Poppy was on the stairs waiting too. They were all around me in the utility room and then Sculley came in. Cleo ate some food and was sick pretty quickly afterwards. Poppy used the tray to wee and then watching Cleo, could see she was about to poo and she did, I was trying to get Cleo and Poppy to settle into eating and you know what Cleo is like, all hither and thither. In the end I put the food on the stairs and stroked Cleo to try and calm her down and they both did settle down to eat. My conclusion is that they are as unsettled as Mulder and Sculley and we need to give them all the confidence that it is all ok. So despite the youngsters being frenetic, I am going to feed them on the stairs, settle them down and then feed Mulder and Sculley separately, staying with them all for a short while whilst they eat.

In all of this I managed to groom Cleo (as a way to distract her so that Sculley could eat), 3 fleas and Mulder one flea and Sculley no fleas and Poppy a small amount but not enough to catch any fleas if there are any.

It does seen to me that it is our job to give them confidence that it will be alright.

Oh, Tuesday evening when I had my tea, I had left half a pork pie on the side and Cleo was trying to eat it, when I went to sort it out, Poppy jumped on the table and tried to eat what was on my plate and this morning when I came down the bread had been pulled off the side and was on the floor in the living room.

Just thinking about them on the table, wondering if it might be an idea to close that window by the table to discourage them from using it and thinking the table is part of the thoroughfare.

No comments: