Friday 7 August 2020

Thursday 6th August 2020

The day before, just before bedtime, the peace and quiet was broken by the dog of one on next door's son's came chasing Mulder into the living room.

I sprang up, the dog stopped in its track and I punched the dog on it's muzzle. And it turned tail and ran.

Next door were very apologetic and all that, and no harm done, and by the next morning, Mulder had calmed down.

I mention this as in punching the dog (no harm to it done) I had done something to my thumb. I was woken by a combination of my thumb, upper arm and shoulder complaining.

So, I lay in bed in the pre-dawn coolness and quiet.

It would be a long day.

Once the alarm went off and we had coffee, it seemed too painful to risk going on the cross trainer. So, Jools went for her walk, put the bins out, while I procrastinated. And despite there being no phys or cooling off to be done, I seemed to gain no extra time.

Sigh.

I will do a session in the afternoon I say.

Yeah, right.

It is still quiet at work, with few mails coming in. But the arranging of the arrival of the kittens takes time, and all seems fine until I get a call to say their little tummies were upset due to their operations, and would we like to delay collecting them for 24 hours? We think that's best.

Two hundred and nineteen So that was one less trip to Ashford to squeeze in: lunch?

We have lunch. toast and a brew.

But it is getting hotter and hotter as the week goes by. Almost too hot for sitting and procrastinating.

I do go to do a session on the cross trainer. It was hot and uncomfortable, but I do 15 minutes.

Then have a shower and change into clean clothes. That's better.

Dinner was ravioli and home made pasta sauce, which was all rather marvelous. I have wine.

The evening cools things down some, and at nine, we go to sit in the garden to watch the bats swoop and catch insects. Jupiter is already out and shining bright at nine. Nights are getting longer.

No comments: