Tuesday 25 August 2020

Monday 24th August 2020

I told you I was ill.

No idea what I picked up, but it laid me low for, by Monday, four days.

I thought it about time I was getting back to normal, so without really feeling hungry, I have a bowl of fruit and yogurt and a coffee, then another coffee.

Later, there is the weekend's croissants to make vanish.

Already, its a lot of food.

For lunch we have the second of the pork pies, salad and slaw.

Apart from eating, it is Monday and the first day back at work, of course. So I can update my colleagues on my adventures and findings from last week.

Two hundred and thirty seven There was no juicy gossip to share.

Thing about doing audits is that there are audit reports to write.

And log.

Then findings to complete, more reports to raise and circulate. It is several day's work, even I was motivated. But I was washed out.

But I do get the two summaries done, sent off to my joint-auditor for his input, so I begin on writing up on the database.

Hours pass.

Jools is a blur of activity, as ever. I really should help at some point, but by the time the afternoon draws to an end, I am struggling with a lack of energy.

I am not really hungry, but Jools is, so I cook fishcakes and stir fry, but my digestion is saying, "no more veg!"

I also have some red wine. Just a glass and a half. Or so.

It laid me out, I go upstairs for a lay down before seven, and snooze the two hours until Marc Riley ends.

It is dark before eight, and I am joined on the bed by Scully who decided that this is where she will spend the night. Who am I to argue?

No comments: