Tuesday 28 September 2021

Monday 27th September 2021

Back in the jugg agane.

Yes, back to work, and with the week or so having passed since I went on holiday, the equinox has happened, and it is now nearly dark when I get up at half five or so.

Jools is already up, and getting ready for another week without her boss, so having to do the work of two people, and so keeping the factory and company going.

We have coffee, Jools has a shower and gets dressed and is gone.

I have ten minutes before work, so I make another coffee and get the computer out and see if I can remember my password.

Outside, summer seems to have ended. It was cloudy, cool and a breeze was building, ready to take the warmth out of the day.

I fire up the computer, log on, and straight away there's a Windows update, of course, and that takes twenty minutes. I put on a podcast before the computer reboots and I am all ready to log in again, and this time check mails and call friends to find out if there was any exciting news.

Not much in our department, but three factories in Europe to close, meaning colleagues wil either have to move or lose their jobs.

I work my way through the new e mails, and send out reminder to those I had sent chasers out for before I went on holiday. After I copy in my boss and thei boss, they finally reply.

I have no words.

So, the day progresses. There is no bread in the house, so I make pancakes for lunch, filled with sugar and lemon. I only make two, and make them as thin as crepes.

I could have gone for a walk, but it was cold, and my back ached, so I didn't. I try to speak to my boss, but he's in meetings. I make another coffee and put on some music.

At lunchtime, the new Public Service Broadcasting LP arrives. On coloured vinyl. It looks fabulous.

Two hundred and seventy But the player is broken, so I can't play it, but I will be able to download tracks with a supplied code.

Three o'clock comes and goes, so I switch the work computer off, and chop up potatoes for hash, so that's ready to cook for when Jools comes home, giving me lots of time to chop up the vegetables and sausage.

Sausage!

Hash is great, as it always is. I top it up with some firery paprika, and that pepes it up somewhat.

THe evening comes at half six now, we have coffee and the last of the biscuits, and for me, there is football on TV: Palace v Brighton, a good game which I really should have watched all of, but bail at half time with the score 1-0 to Palace.

Poppy is waiting upstairs, so we go to sleep, with her on my pillow beside my head.

Sweet Pops.

No comments: