Wednesday 29 September 2021

Tuesday 27th September 2021

Pay day.

And second day back at work, and I seem to have all caught up. Which is nice.

And the sun was going to shine, though be breezy. I might go out for a walk later, I thought.

For Jools, of course, it was the same as usual, doing the work of two people, and the news is Andy, her boss, is off for at least this week, and maybe next too, and the concern is she'll burn out too. My concern too. So, we shall see what they can do. But in the meantime others are helping out as best they can, even if she does have to spend an hour in the evening, filing in our utility room.

Two hundred and seventy one Dawn came, followed by sunrise, and I could see the spectacular colours of the sky reflected in Di's house opposite, so I went out back to take some snaps. Colours soon faded and the sun rose.

Progress Another days in paradise.

With the cats fed, they go to sleep in their various lairs for a few hours, and so I have peace and quite until after lunch.

Oh yes, lunch. I had better make some bread or it'll be pancakes again.

So I get out the flour and yeast and get mixing and kneading. Then to allow it to rise.

Here we go again 90 minutes pass.

I fold it into a loaf, put it back int he warm oven to rise.

90 more minutes pass.

And I have created another monster, I realise just as the loaf is making a break for it, to put the oven on and the loaf is baked.

Here we go again I am in a meeting with a guy in India. I couldn't really understand what he was sayng, but I think he makes a joke, so I laugh. He laughs. So all good. I heard nothing from HR.

Fresh crust, thickly buttered and smothered with apricot jam is the lunch of kings. Or a quality manager anyway. So nice I have a second, non-crust slice.

And tea. Lots of tea.

Once work is done, I go out for a work. Its chilly, but bright, and I feel this is the last chance to find the Queen of Spain.

Here we go again I change the route, go across the field first, then past the glade which is so overgrown now there are no butterflies to be seen there anymore, down to the (empty) pig's copse, and then down past the farm, through the mud and up the long track to Windy Ridge.

Here we go again No butterflies seen there, and only few flowers: Yarrow, Common Mallow, Field Scabious, various dandelions and daisies. And lots of blackberries.

Here we go again Up at Windy Ridge, it lived up to its name as the westerly whipped along the farm track, meaning there were no butterflies basking.

On the walk back, two fresh looking Painted Ladies were disturbed, and although I stalk them, they fly away before I could get close. So, I walk back home.

Here we go again I make a ragu with the remaining tomatoes from the garden, use lots of garlic and the mushrooms from the fridge. It smells glorious.

Tastes better once Jools comes home and I have cooked the pasta.

I even have a red wine spritzer to go with it.

Lovely.

Jools is shattered, but as I said, spends an hour doing filing, sorting POs into piles so she could file them in the morning.

I make coffee, then I watch a Championship game whilst listening to Citeh in Europe.

Multi-tasking.

No comments: