Saturday 13 November 2021

Friday 12th November 2021

Friday.

The day on which my patience snapped.

Really.

I have no other words due to the sensitive nature, but I'm fine, Jools is fine, the cats are fine.

Just work.

I'll leave it there.

For some reason I work up at quarter past two, in the morning, though I think its very much still night. And could not go back to sleep. So after an hour I turned the light on and read, hoping that I would get tired.

It didn't work.

So, by the time Jools' alarm went off at five I had been awake for nearly three hours. Not a good start to the day.

I get up, already feeling grim, and there would be work on top of that.

Jools leaves early to go to yoga, and I have coffee and prepare for meetings. We had an informal department meeting where my colleagues in Chennai told us the monsoon season is just ending and the city is under two feet of water, there is little electricity or running water, and not much food. They made light of it, but makes our "there was no fresh avacado in Tesco" complaint pretty lame.

Now, the most important part of the way was to be in the afternoon when we were both booked ino to have our COVID booster jabs. I got a test message to confirm, though I just gave it a glance and thought nothing of it.

Fire in the sky So, once Jools arrived back from work, we had a brew then drove into Deal, parking on the side of the road near the chemists.

We walked in:

do you have an appointment?

Yes.

Name?

I told him.

We were not on the list.

I checked my phone. 27th Novemeber. Not the 21st.

A week early.

And nothing could be done.

So, see you next week, I said, and we left.

Along the seafront is the fish and chip shop, so we went in there for an early chippy tea. I ordered skae, which is my favourite fish, though is actually a ray.

Three hundred and sixteen When it came it was covered in golden batter, a portion of chips in a little basket. Looked and tasted marvelous.

Jools has scampi, which she said was good.

Anyway, we eat it all up.

By the time we were done, it was four in the afternoon, just getting dark, so we walk back to the car to drive home.

Amuse me When we got to Walmer, there was parking on the side of the road, so I parked up so we could go in the Freed Man for a swifter each. Being tired I just have a half of porter, and jools has rhubarb cider. We sit in the pub, listening to others' conversations, whie we drain our glasses.

The Freed Man Time to go home.

Back home it was time for the music quiz, and I finished fifth, I should have done better but the first picture was an older shot of Dan Rather than I havd seen. The link was REM.

Due to England playing, John didn't want to play cards, so once home we locked the doors, drew the curtains and once the quiz was over, I put the tellybox on for the football.

On paper, should have been a hard game for England, but were 5-0 up at half time, and the game was over. I should have gone to bed then, but stayed up to full time and indeed, no further goals scored.

No comments: