Sunday 14 November 2021

Saturday 13th November 2021

The weekend.

Use it well.

We were going to go to Tunbridge Wells for some churchcrawling, but then the stuff we needed to here was piling up, so instead we didn't go very far.

After getting up and having coffee, it was off to Tesco for some hunting and gathering.

Shelves are pretty much well stocked, and we got all what we needed, including cheese footballs and salt and sugared pretzels, which should go down well, just not sure with a beer of some coffee.

Three hundred and seventeen In fact there wasn't much we needed other than fruit, vegetables and milk.

The Lord Nelson Back home for a breakfast of toast and more coffee, and then to the rest of the morning.

I needed some shoes.

We don't do shopping, for stuff other than groceries, unless we really have to, and as I have one pair of shoes that I can wear, and they are muddy walking shoes, I thought I had better put that right. So, into town it was.

Market Square In years and generations gone by, Saturday morning in the town centre would have been crowded, espeically six weeks from Christmas, and Biggin Street would have been lined with stalls for a street market. I hoped to get a few things as gifts. But even the traditional fruit and veg shop has gone, instead one that sold short life produce in plastic bowels which seem to be quite the thing now.

The River Dour I walk up to the sports shop and find there was just two members of staff for the whole store. After waiting five minutes to be served to see if something I liked was available in a size ten, I switched to the stacks of pairs on sale, tried the first two pairs I liked and bought those.

Job done.

I call in the card shop and buy a couple of Christmas cards, then go to meet Jools in La Salle Verte where I have a cuppa and a slice of cake. Or a tea and a wad as my old Granddad would say. It was farmhouse cake, though not clear if it was made with fresh or preserved farmhouse. I should have asked.

Cup of tea and a wad And that was it, really. We had to go to the pet store to get more kitty kibbles, so they don't run out, then back home for lunch, which was steak and ale pie, roast taters, steamed veg and lashing of leftover gravy. Even after drowning plates in it, there's still enough gravy left for another such meal towards the weekend.

There was football to watch through the afternoon, tea time and evening, though the evening game I did mute and have the fink and soul show on instead.

We dine on cheese and crackers for supper, which might explain my crazy dreams.

Or not.

No comments: