Friday 12 November 2021

Thursday 11th November 2021

Remembrance Day.

We were up and about before five, making coffee and feeding the cats.

A walk to the monument Jools went for a walk while I had my second coffee, and when she came back she told me there was a service at 11 at the Monument, if I wasn't busy, I could go. She suggested.

A walk to the monument I thought about it and thought, yes, I should go.

A walk to the monument The morning went well, so at then I stopped work, and put on a decent coat and set off aong the street to walk down Station Road and into the village again.

A walk to the monument It was a mild, but grey day, so made good time up to the village, turning left then sharp right at the old Red Lion, along past the village pond and then along the track past the school whose playing field was full of screaming children, as it should be.

Remembrance Day Service, Dover Patrol Monument Then past the line of people waiting at the surgery, across the road then down Salisbury Road, past the fine and expensive houses that strained to have some kind of sea view. A few other people in front were heading to the monument too.

Remembrance Day Service, Dover Patrol Monument As I walked through the swing gate, I could see the service had begun, so I stood at the back and joined in the prayers.

Three hundred and fifteen After the service, and I had wept a little as I remembered by Granddad and what he went through during the war, he and others, I walked to the cliff edge, looked at the brooding clouds over France, before turning back for home.

After the service It's downhill for a way, then once I reached the haystack, a gentle climb to Otty Bottom Road.

After the service A four hundred yard shuffle then turn down Norway Drove, with The Dip at the bottom.

After the service It was still muggy and although November, quite warm. I regretted the coat I was wearing, so took it off.

The long walk back home Through the mud and up the other side to Fleet House, then the final stretch across the fields to home.

The long walk back home Quick, put the kettle on.

I had done nearly 11,000 steps, which was pretty good. I also made some toast.

The long walk back home Yummy.

Work is fine, they didn't miss me, so I finish my report and send it off before finishing for the day.

The long walk back home I have time to watch a documentary on Hans Holbein the Younger and his relationship with the Tudors, before I have to prepare dinner: fritters.

The long walk back home It takes half a hour to mix everyting up after the peeling, chopping and grating, so once it reaches half five, I start cooking.

The long walk back home Its funny, two courgettes, two small onions, some spices, two eggs can, together, make something so delicious.

The long walk back home We can't eat them all, so I have six for lunch on Friday.

We tidy up and all in time for the Under 21 game on the tellybox, that England cruise to a 3-1 win, but it should have been ten, really.

No comments: