Tuesday 2 November 2021

Monday 1st November 2021

Winter.

I know it is winter because the large tree on the other side of the DIP, which we can see from the upper windows at the back of the house, that during the spring and summer, when fully foliaged, obscures the Dover Patrol Monument behind it. So, when we can see the obilisk, it is winter, and I can report I saw the monument yesterday.

So, it is winter.

And it was Monday, so back to work.

And for a change I had actual audits to carry out this week, so prepare.

As the clocks went back, it now starts to get light at six, and sunrise about twenty to seven, so that means Jools does her moning stomp when it is light, or nearly light. At least for a couple of weeks, and then it will be dark once again until after seven. We are some seven weeks from the shortest day.

Jools leaves for work at seven, just as I am logging on for work. I have my new company credit card, and the new PIN arrived, so just have to set up my details on the online travel app, and I can book a trip to Denmark next month.

Only, its not working.

I try and try.

Watch e learning viseos, and I confirm it is not me that is stupid but the booking tool. Of course you can't actually speak to someone now, its all done by a self service online "ticket" process. I can tell you, dear reader, some 32 hours later, no one has responded to my issue.

I am not surprised.

It is another failure on top of dozens of others, and reminds me that the old company had sstems that just worked. And as if to add insult to injury, the final bits of the old company were transferred to our new owners over the weekend, it is history.

So sad.

Our local Sparrowhawk visited the garden for more than five minutes, long enough to stumble down from the bathroom from where I first saw it, got downstairs, unpacked my camera and big boy lens, then made my way to the back door and it was still in the same place.

Three hundred and five So, with the sparrowhawk on top of the hedge, and Poppy trying to climb the hedge from the bottom, both wanting sparrow for breakfast.

A minute or so later, the light improved, although the bird had flown a little further away.

No sparrows or other birds caught on this visit.

Accipiter nisus It then settled on top of the hedge, with the sparrows hunkering down in the depths of the hedge, but Poppy was stalking from below and trying to climb up inside the hedge.

Neither the sparrowhawk or Poppy caught any birds, and calm returned to the garden soon after.

In a change, instead of bread I make pasta salad for lunches for me and Jools. There was no flavoured cottage cheese, so Jools had bought fresh chives, so after cooking the pasta and adding the yogurt and cheese, I add the chooped chives and mix well.

And for lunch I have the cooled pasta and a pancake.

And very nice it was too.

I have to admit, the rest of the day was spent having been ground down by the IT issues, and with a bad back, I dn't go out for a walk either, which in respect might have improved my mood.

Anyway, I had dinner to prepare, which was to complete the Beef Wellington, cover the steak and marinated mushrooms with pastry, brush with egg yolk, then prepare the vegetables and potatoes.

Beef wellington I brought it all together for six, just as Jools arrived home from work, just in time to uncork the fizz and pour two large glasses. I dished the fod up and we dined in the early darkness.

Beef wellington Cheers.

And it was all rather good even I may say so.

We listen to some radio, then wash and clear away.

There is football to watch and ignore. I give it up at nine with Wolves beating Everton 2-0, not really caring how the second half went.

No comments: