Wednesday 10 November 2021

Tuesday 9th November 2021

As strange as it may seem, I am paid to do an actual job, and so starting last week, each Tuesday I had an audit to undertake, which then gave me a couple of days to write the report.

It being a Tuesday meant that it was audit day, so I had to be up an about early.

But die to a cat taking up most of the bed, I slept poorly and so laid in bed until nearly six, only waking up when Jools put the water heater on for her shower.

I get up and there was a coffee waiting, outside a light drizzle was falling in dawn's half light. I wouldn't be going out anyway.

Jools goes for a walk, I make a second coffee, and get ready for work. I find all the reference documents and have them open, as well as the audit agenda.

I was all set.

Just time to have breakfast and a third coffee and I was ready for anything.

Auditors are all different, and I am someone who listens. So, I ask questions, try not to lead, and just listen to their issues.

The day flies.

And for a change, I acually finish the agenda in time, I thanks the attendees and we end the audit.

Lovely.

I try to book travel to Denmark, but the travel portal won't complete the flight bookings, well, its what it tells me.

The drizzle has been falling all day, so I'm not going out.

I watch another episode of a documentary on the Impressionists, and learn that art changed because of: ready made paints, an easil that a single person could carry, and ferruls on brushes. The ready made paints, oils, meant that the artist could paint light as it changed, pretty much what impressionism was all about. I found it fascinating I have to say, and some of the works I have actually seen!

There's fancy.

It was time to pack up, give the cats their dinner, and prepare ours.

Its been a while since we had aubergine, so I peel and slice to firm eggplants, salt, then egg and breadcrumb them, and about about half five, begin to try the slices in olive oil.

Three hundred and thirteen Yummy.

Light, tasty and vegetable based.

And as there is another international break, no footy to watch or listen to, we have the radio on, then to bed at nine to finish reading WSC, by which point Cleo is telling me it's time to sleep.

No comments: