Saturday 6 November 2021

Friday 5th November 2021

Remember, remember the fifth of November. Although I cant remember what is was we were supposed to remember.

Oh yeah, celebrate the fact Parliament WASN'T blown up.

At the end of the week when the Government again tried to subvert both democracy and Parliament, I think another go might be due.

But it was Friday, and that means the end of the week and the weekend coming over the horizon.

It was a glorious day, and the one thing I was sure of was that I had to go to the village shop to get some milk as there was only enough in the house for a couple of brews.

Crepuscular rays I had some chasing to do and two townhall meetings to sit through.

FML.

Oddly, I was hungry, so was having breakfast even before Jools left for work, but feeling much better after eating.

It is the end of the 3rd quarter results. Mixed results from the COO and from a certain auditor.

I have to chase one of the factories for actions, and then log it on our former company's systems, which IT have, despite being asked not to, turned it into a "read only" resource.

Wankers.

So, I do the best I can, upload evdence, and move on.

I do walk to the village shop. It was cold, but very sunny, so I put on my coat and take a bag to put the milk in.

Three hundred and nine Down the hill past the drive along which the conrete mixers have to reverse down, as the new house was having its foundations laid, so there was a large vacuum cleaner thing to spread the mix around.

Milk Run I walk by, looking at the wild flowers, mostly yarrow, still blooming at the beginning of November.

There is no limit as to how many people in the shop now, and those of us inside do wear a mask. I get the milk and consider some crisps and/or an ice cream, but decide against it.

Milk Run I walk back home to be in time for the second townhall meeting, during which I try to concentrate.

Milk Run And as soon as that finishes, I switch the laptop off, by which time Jools was back home.

THe weekend had entered the chat.

An event had popped up on Facebook, a beer and food tasting event at a micopub in Walmer I hadn't been in, so I drove over to see if there were any tickets left.

Milk Run The Freed Man is on the main road, and is run my another former Armourer, although he was a Navy one. And he had a second career in the survey industry after that too.

I pay for my place on the evening event, and as I was there, try a beer. A vanilla stout, which was so nice, I have another half. We chat a lot and it is a fine way to spend an hour, but i have to get back home as Jools had a physio session booked, and I had the music quiz to take part in.

I drive back, and Jools takes the car and drives to Martinvale.

My head is spinning, and I have said I will cook burgers for dinner. I also think it was a good idea to open the big bottle of whisky infused tripel to go with dinner.

Gouden Carolus Cuvee van de Keizer Whisky Infused 11.7% Looking back, not sure how wise that was, as the beer was 11.7%.

But I open it, drink half with dinner, once Jools had come back after being pumelled.

I struggle to stay awake for the rest of the evening, which was spent watching the Sudbury v Colchester local derby cup tie.

I make it to half time, and then go to bed.

No comments: