Saturday 21 May 2022

Friday 20th May 2022

And just like that, back to normal, and working from home.

Only it was the last day before a week off, a week of orchid chasing ahead. I just had to get through this last day.

Hot lips And to make matters just peachy, I was awake well before five, as light streamed in round the blinds and the birds chirped their happiness about their cirrent state of affairs. I laid in bed until Jools got up, and I swung my legs out and got up.

The peachy beard The plan was for a long slow start. I had clocked a large number of hours travelling, 17 on Thursday alone, so I decided I deserved a late start, listen to a podcast and have a coffee, and another coffee before starting at eight.

Iris pseudacorus There was stuff to do, mainly meetings. Which I leapt into.

Thing is, they filled up the morning, meaning no time for anything else.

Leucanthemum vulgare At half eleven, Jools called to say the heating engineer was coming round, and would be here at midday, and would need to turn the electric off. So, having caught up with work, I logged off and packed the computer away.

The Jelltex Lawnmeadow Done for the week. And for a week.

The engineer came and got busing, cleaning bits and bobs, I made come coffee on the cooker, as we had no power for the kettle, of course.

A walk round Canterbury He was done by two, Jools arrived back, and after a coffee, we went out. And not an orchid in sight this time.

A walk round Canterbury Jools wanted to look at some stuff in Canterbury, buy a few things, and I could wander aimlessly with my camera snapping things.

I drove us to the city, avoiding the other cars and trucks. I took us to the other side of the city, parking near to where we were going to meet friends before going for a meal at the Korean Cowgirl.

A walk round Canterbury Jools went off, and I wandered.

Snapping.

I eneded up in the Beaney Museum to go and snap the Flemmish glass panels on the stairwell. After I did that, I went up and found that the archive of Smallfilms, makers of Bagbuss, Ivor the Engine, The Clangers and many more were on display.

A walk round Canterbury I had a huge smile on my face as my childhood bacame real before my eyes. A middle aged lady was leading her Mother round, I am guessing her mother has dementia, as she looked at me and smiled, then said "I love you". Not sure what to say, I replied that I loved her too.

One hundred and forty She smiled.

I went to meet Jools, waiting in the High Street, watching the folks coming up from Westgate, many of them wearing mortarboards and gowns, clutching graduation papers. Proud parents trailed in their wakes.

A walk round Canterbury Jools came, so we went down to Westgate to wait for Peter and Elaine, and they arrived on time, so we walked to a nice pub I had seen, the Thomas Becket.

A walk round Canterbury They had two fine ales on, I tried both. Between sips, we chatted about work, music, football and stuff.

A walk round Canterbury It was great, really was.

We walked to the restaurant, took our seats, ordered more drinks, and looked at the menu. I ordred the fried smoked ribs, which were amazing, as was the fried and spiced cauliflower.

A walk round Canterbury Cheers!

We drank some more, I seem to remember a minty cocktail.

A walk round Canterbury At ten, we had to leave as my allergies kicked in, and they had a train to catch, turning down an offer of a lift.

A walk round Canterbury So, Jools drove us home.

A walk round Canterbury It was the weekend, and a week off too.

No comments: