Tuesday 31 May 2022

Monday 30th May 2022

Back to work. If only for three days.

Still counts.

At least living in Europe, but who knows what lies in the future for Brexit Britain, there is no restrictions on when I take my annual vacation, so I am able to take 5 days, work three, two days public holiday and another 5 days off, and no one compains. Although I do assure my boss no more time off before the autumn now.

But for now, time enough to catch up on mails, complete the insanely complex travel expenses, and then squeeze in actual work.

Windows update.

Of course.

We were up at five fifteen. It was light well before. Poor Cleo had been sick during the night, I can kinda remember the event, but when I looked at the duvet, with was covered with dried vomit. Cleo seemed well enough to be fair.

One hundred and fifty I would keep an eye on her through the day.

Jools left for the pool at ten to six, and I put on a podcast.

First task was to scan the receipts from my trip, then put them in a mail from my home PC to my work one, then try to get the SAP app working.

Don't ask.

That's two hours of my life I won't get back, but I think I have it done, until someone looks at what I have done and rejects it.

It was after nine, and time to tackle the inbox, which is surprisingly full, and not of good cheer wither. Demands for me to do something. Demands, I kid ye not.

I have breakfast and another coffee, and then I have a 1:1 with my soon-to-be ex-boss, and the only news really was that I was back from my holibobs and would be going out in three days. But I am cheerful and in control.

Geranium dissectum Probably.

The cats are asleep, and I am working hard. I try not to think of the million and one things I could be doing rather than this. I tell myself I make a difference, then have another meeting with my boss, dealing with yet another unprofessional incident. As if this is normal.

At eleven, or just past, the Red Arrows were due to fly along the Kent coast on the way from north France to their base in Lincolnshire. I had camera and big lens ready, but saw nothing.

I had lunch. More coffee.

And back to work.

Nothing much else to report. Too cold and cloudy for a walk, or I felt. In fact my legs told me they had done enough steps last week and could do with a rest.

I agreed and so stayed in.

I made some garlic corn bread for dinner to go with the caprese. Don't shoot me. I can tell yu it was better than the sweet version I did last year. But corn bread and caprese goes to well very well. I opened some wine too.

Cheers.

No football to watch, as the season is nearly over. Nearly. I was tired by eight, so go to bed to read, and close my eyes at half eight.

Phew, rock and roll.

No comments: