Wednesday 4 May 2022

Tuesday 3rd May 2022

Back to work.

Another three day weekend gone like that.

May is going to be odd, in that it is peak orchid season, and I am going to be out evey minute possible, then have a week in Denmark, a week on holiday chasing more orchids, three days back at work and then ten days off in "Operation Avoid Jubilee".

One hundred and twenty three But before then there is work to do.

Sadly.

I woke up with my shoulder less hurty, but my back much more hurty. Is this what getting old means?

In fact my back gets worse during the day, and with each spell in the office chair meant lifting myself up and the pain kicking in.

A gentle walk I get up to the soundtack of moans and groans.

Jools was already up and dressed and heading out to go swimming when I surfaced.

Bye then.

I have a coffee and stare at the news from the interwebs.

And, the world is still mad as fuck.

So, there you have it.

I have all week to complete a final draft of the procedure I have been working on. But forst sort out the inbox, and people screaming for attention, and quickly lose my enthusiasm. So I have breakfast and some toast.

A gentle walk No, still up get up and go has got up and gone.

My back is painful each time I get up, but with the sun breaking through after lunch I had determined to go for a walk.

I do, but I have pins and needles in one leg, and not really enjoying myself. Not much to report either, just banks of Alexanders going to see and Cow Parsley goming into flower along the path.

Anthocharis cardamines I reach Fleet House and turn from home, again snails overtake me along Collingwood as my back and feet compete to say who was having the worst time.

I get home to see two Orange Tip butterflies on the wing in the sunshine, I manage to get shots of the female, but the male never really settles. But happy with what I got.

We have the leftover vegetables with steak and ale pie and the remainder of the gravy. I am feeling down, so decide to have wine. So, open a bottle.

Dinner is splendid, like a midweek roast, but wrapped in puff pastry. All crispy and buttery.

Cheers.

The biggest game of the week was Bournemouth v Forest, with the home side promoted if they won. They score the only goal with three minutes left, and the crowd went wild. And then invaded the pith on the final whistle.

No comments: