Friday 20 May 2022

Wednesday 18th May 2022

Wednesday.

I woke up with something approaching a sore head. Not an actual hangover, but also not firing on all cylinders. I get up, have a shower and get dressed, and decide to go for breakfast to see who else was up.

No one was, so I had some Nutella on fresh rolls and a few strong coffees, and was feeling much better, just as well as my new boss came and joined me.

He reminded me that we were to have a talk from half eight for an hour, so my head had better clear.

I checked out and drove to the factory where my boss was waiting, we sign in and get access to the meeting room, have more coffee and sit down to talk about things, how we got here and the way forward. And when I mean we, I mean he and I but also the company.

One hundred and thirty eight Time zipped by, and I was free to go. I think I did OK. I was honest and we can’t be more than that, I guess.

I worked away for three hours, then had to leave as I had promised a meeting in Arhus to someone, and it was a 90 minute drive. So, I say goodbye to everyone, pack up the laptop and walk to the car, set the sat nav for our old offices and engage all the horses, set off to head east to the other side of Jutland.

Not quite as nice a day as previously, but nice enough.

The sat nav guided me across the open farmland to the motorway, and from there it was a simple cruise in the sunshine at 130km/h, zipping past slower traffic until I reached Arhus, and then it was simple to make my way to the old offices, where I found it deserted

The people I had arranged to meet either had not come into the office or were in meetings, so I found a desk to hot-desk at, and carried on working. But I had missed a lunch with the team back in Ringkobing to be here, so all a waste of time.

My friend, Tim, came out of a meeting, this was one friend I had come to talk to, but he only had time for ten minutes chat before he had to get in his car to drive back to Hamburg. So, we said “hello” and “goodbye”, and a few things between, and he was gone. And come half four, I went back to the hotel again, to check in again and to have an early dinner as I had not eaten since breakfast.

I also had to eat early, as I was meeting an old friend, Anni, for a drink and a catch up. It has been nearly three years since we had last met. Lots had happened, and we both lost some friends. It all seemed like bad news.

We talked over a drink, then as it turned eight, I knew I had to head to bed as I had yet another early start in the morning, and I had an allergy attack building.

So, back to my room, I call Jools to let her know I was still OK, and then to bed, one last night before heading home.

No comments: