Monday 30 May 2022

Sunday 29th May 2022

And so we come to the final day of my week off, and to be honest, I was even more pooped than before.

Although helped by the late ending of the Champion's League Final, I slept through until half seven. I woke up to find the sun on its chariot, charging across the sky.

We had nothing planned for the day. Nothing except cooking lunch for when Jen came over once the tennis in Paris finished it's afternoon session.

I got up, and after coffee, made bacon butties and fresh brews before getting the lamb seasoned for the evening meal.

I was going to make lamb tagine, but with a twist of my own, with lots of fruit and some honey. It was all about the preparation, as always.

That done, Jools went to the tip to drop some cardboard off, and I hopped out to check on the Bee Orchids nearby. More than a dozen spikes, but none in flower.

I wait for Jools to come back out and pick me up, the excitement over for the day.

Once back home we have a brew sitting in the garden before I prepare the next meal: breaded aubergine.

One hundred and forty nine It was one high octaine event after another here at Chez Jelltex.

Then to prepare the tagine: I browned the spiced meat, sauteed the onions, made some stock, added more spices, tinned tomatoes, pured it into a large pan, and placed in a low oven for at least three hours.

Soon it began to smell divne.

There was also the Championship play-off final to watch, Huddersfield v Forest. A tense game, won by Forest just before haf time, but after, the Terriers had two good claims for a penalty turned down.

So it goes, so it goes.

At half time, Jen arrived, so I cooked the rice, and so we ate through the second half, and very delicious it was too. And enough left over for two lunches for Jools at work and me at home.

How clever I am.

And that was the weekend and a week off. But, due to bank holidays. Holidays. Only a three day week this week, and then another day off and we're actually going away.

No comments: